Sunday, September 03, 2006

Labor Day Weekend, Lots of physical labor!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their labor day weekend.

I know I am.

Thursday night I went out on the Brookhaven/Mellow Mushroom Ride with the Team in Training folks. Here are the stats

BIKE

Distance: 19.70 miles
Total Time: 1hr 11min 37 sec
Average: 16.5 Mph

It had just rained about half an hour before the ride, so we had to go slower through the silver lake area than before. I met a new guy named Rob, who was out there for his first time, just moved up from Macon and found a new job in the Atlanta area.

Friday night I went to the Chattahooche river to run a 5K nice and easy.

RUN

Distance: 3.1 miles
Total Time: 30 min 15 seconds
Pace: 9:45 min/mile

I purposely ran slow due to the fact that my plantar fasciia is acting up again. I have been trying to rehab and keep training at the same time, but it is really hard. Saturday I worked and then went to Dragon Con, watched some football (Go DAWGS, go Fighting Irish!!!), and went to see the "Wicker Man."

DO NOT GO SEE THE WICKER MAN!!!! IT IS A HORRIBLE MOVIE!!!

If you really need to see it, at least wait until it comes out on Netflix or Blockbuster so it is cheaper for your to rent, and not to pay $9.00 at the movie theater.

Today's ride was pretty good. It was the last day of the borrowed "Aerobars." NOOOOOOO! I was out at the Silver Comet Trail with Jackie today, but we pretty much did our own thing. Here are my stats for the ride.

BIKE

Distance: 36.04 miles
Total Time: 1hr 56 min 19 sec
Speed: 18.5 Mph

Much better than Thursday's ride, but then again, I was on flat ground. At the pace today, that is about a 3hour and 1 min bike ride for a half iron. Was pretty tired when I got done. Downed 2 GU's, bottle of Gatorade Endurance, and a bottle of Water. I tried the Vanilla and Choclate today. Vanilla was awsome, but the choclate had the consistency of someone putting Duncan Hines choclate frosting in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Taste was good, but consistency was horrible!

Tomorrow will be a 20-30 mile ride, but I am taking it easy with Jackie. Probably going to go on the Thursday night route, to show her something new. I need to get a swim in either today or tomorrow so that I will have something going into this week.

I signed up for the Emerald Pointe Triathlon on October 8th this year. It is also a Sprint Distance Triathlon that is located at Lake Lanier Islands Beach and Water Park. The bike and run portions will go out and around parts of Lake Lanier. I should have a small crowd showing up to that one as well, but not as many people methinks.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.


Murtha...

1 comment:

Steven said...

Thanks for the heads-up on The Wicker Man! My daughter has been wanting to go see but I'll make her wait and just add it to our Netflix queue instead!

Keep up the training...