Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Slowly but Steady...

Hi Folks,

I am getting there, I promise you. I really want to update my blog for next year as well, so we will see if I can create some kind of banner and maybe some other cool stuff. If you have any idea how to create all that cool stuff you see on these other blogs, or you went to some website and paid to have it done, just let me know how you did it. Thank you.

I eluded to Saturday's run in my last post. By the way, even though the post says December 2nd, I finally finished it on December 9th. Here is how it panned out.

Distance: ~3 miles (do not have a pedometer or Garmin, and where I live I have not measured it out by car yet)
Time: ~31 minutes
Pace: 10:20/mi

I was really taking it easy, seeing as how the last time I ran was when??? Oh yeah, long time ago.

Monday night I went swimming for the first time since October 8th. Ok, yes you can scold me now. I spent about 30 minutes in the pool, although I was not swimming the enitre time. I am going to the gym in about 15 minutes and I am going to run on the treadmill for a little warmup, and then I am going to spend a bit more time in the pool tonight.

I am going to have a bit of free time, oh wait, no I am not. Well I will FIND some time this weekend to get a full schedule going, with weight training.

If you have not seen my post on raceAthlete.com about weight training, check it out here.

Speaking of raceAthlete.com, I just have been trying to get caught up on everyone's blogs, and I saw the new cycling Jersey for 2007 for team raceAthlete. I definately want to get one.

Oh well, it is off to the gym for me, and hopefully this will finally be the start of my 2007 season!!!

Here we go.......


Murtha...

2 comments:

Comm's said...

Well it sounds like you have been in the gym rather than the pool, no scolding for that. Strengthen up those delts for next season

Rachel said...

Good luck on the start of your new season! Swimming is always the hardest. Sounds like you've been working out consistently though so don't beat yourself up too much!