Saturday, August 18, 2007

Small Adjustments = Improvements, and Messed up New Shoes

Hey!

This is going to be a short post, mostly due to the fact that I don't feel like putting in all of my workout data today, and I am going to try and update my blog tomorrow to update my sidebar to include new blogs I visit, training data, etc...
Swam once for 1500M (bad Andy, more swimming), rode my bike twice (once being a brick) and ran once with James. My "small adjustment," which I eluded to in my title, was to move my seat forward as far as possible on my bike, and then bring the seat up about a quarter inch. Now I am by no means a professional bike fitter, but the results were awsome! My legs felt better on the bike (especially when aero), and on my brick workout, I was having to force myself to slow down and run 8:30/mi splits!!! No cramping or problems getting going on the run!!!


Speaking of running, which leads into my new shoes.
I bought new shoes. I think they are the Saucony Progrid Trigon Guide. Tuesday I was out with James for a 5 mile run, and here is what happened (when you have new shoes paritally broken in with no socks.....









Murtha...

















10 comments:

Wes said...

Didn't we have this no sock discussion :-) I had the same experience with my shoes, but at least I was wearing cut off socks... LOL. Very nice :-)

Andy said...

I have no problem wearing no socks with my old shoes, it is just new shoes that I have not properly broken in yet.

Carrie said...

owwwwww-ch!

Rachel said...

Whoa! WICKED.

Allez said...

Ouch!

StephB said...

Maybe no socks isn't such a hot idea. My uncle that does this lubes his shoes with vasaline. Just an idea . . .

Iron Eric said...

Good grief. I will know never to wear shoes without socks. Yikes. Well, at least you didn't run over 20 miles in the shoes.

Unknown said...

Pretty gross there, Andy!

:) said...

I feel your pain....

Jennifer P said...

Guess you can't return those shoes now.