Sunday, April 24, 2011

Respite, Respite!!!

Where the heck have I been?!?!?

Good question!  I just finished my last final exam this past Thursday.  And I am happy to announce I did not make anything less than a 91 on any final I took this semester (I actually made a 99 on my Advanced Accounting final).  Best case scenario this semester, A+, 2 A's, and a B+.  Worst case scenario 3 A's and a B+.  Not to shabby I will take it!  Especially since the beginning of the semester was less than par with my first couple of exams.  As of Friday I have 10 days without classes, and I rewarded myself with a 4 day weekend from work!  So I have dubbed this weekend, "Murtha's Mini Camp."  I will post updates either beginning tonight or tomorrow.  Got in one workout on Saturday (did too little in the workout dept, and too much in the drinking/socializing dept), and two workouts today. 

I have less than three weeks left till Peachtree International Triathlon, and I am gonna sign up here for West Point Lake Triathlon in the next week or so.  I have nothing dubbed for mid June through September as that is going to be billed as my build phases.  My half-iron distance race is not till the first week of October, which will kick off my taper for IMFL. 

The bike injury is pretty much healed, I am switching from Neosporin to Mederma on my wounds since they are technically healed, now to get the scarring to go down.  I also am trying to complete a 10 pound loss in 30 days.  The kicker is that I am not using a scale.  I know that sounds silly, but I look at it in a Brett Sutton way (except it is weight loss instead of training).  If I just focus on the things that I need to be doing rather than looking at the scale every day, then the results will take care of themselves.  And if I don't lose the weight by race time, I will at least have lost some, and I still have much more time to go before I get to IMFL.  So no biggie, but it will be a plus if it does happen :)

How have you guys been doing?  I have not really had any time to read any blogs or post any race results and stuff that has been going on in the tri world.  I also have another big announcement that I will post sometime this week. 

Lastly, my birthday was on April 11th.  I was working on a post prior to my birthday and it was composed of things that I wanted to accomplish before my birthday next year.  It is past my birthday, but these things still apply, so I am going to post them anyways, and then probably have a permalink at the top of my blog to track my progress over the next year.  Once again, they would be great to achieve, but if not, no biggie :)

Things I want to accomplish in the next 12 months (or that should be completed within the next 12 months)

-Graduate with my Master's of Professional Accountancy (should happen in August barring any major issues)
-Obtain my CPA certification (Yay!  Another round of exams that will be the hardest of my life :)
-Either move to the accounting department at my current firm or move to a public accounting firm.
-Take a real damn vacation!  I go back and think about it, and I have not taken a "real vacation" since probably 2007.  This means no holiday, family, triathlon weekends, 3/4 day weekend, etc.  I mean a whole week somewhere, preferably outside of the country!!!!
-Complete Rev3 Anderson Half
-Complete Ironman Florida and kick the crap out of my IMCDA '09 time (should not be hard since there are no hills!)
-Be in a position to begin hitting top 10 or better in my AG at smaller races, qualify for AG Nationals in 2012, and be in a position to possibly qualify for Kona/Lake Las Vegas in either 2012/13.
-Meet new tri friends and blogging buddies :)
-Have fun and enjoy life!!!  The most important one of all :D

I hope all of you enjoyed your Easter weekend regardless of your religious affiliations!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your finals and good luck with your races. IMFL is fast approaching!

Kat said...

Welcome back! Nice job on your finals, I finished my MBA last year and it dominated my life while I was working on it.

Good luck on your next race, and with your goals for the year. :)

Christi said...

Great job on your masters work! You are doing great!

I love your list for the coming year. I hope you achieve all your goals!

Unknown said...

Great job! As a recent grad-school alum, I hear and feel your pain!
Be sure to connect with Ryan Diehl through Facebook or your Tri Club - he just moved to Atlanta and is the former president of Pittsburgh Triathlon Club where I'm a member.
Enjoy the process of this training for IMFL - you'll amaze yourself!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I remember like it was yesterday my husband studying for his CPA (he was so dedicated, he studied between contractions while in labor with our first child). That was 18 years ago...
Will look forward to hearing about your races!

Stay Strong!

Wes said...

that's some good stuff. I know you'll be glad to get all of that studying behind you, but you are a smart one for getting it done while you're young!