Sunday, January 17, 2010

The "Week - end" Report

Good Afternoon All!

I hope everyone had a great week this week!  My "year" started on Saturday by going to the gym in the evening and running for 30 minutes.  I wanted this to be base training, and although I am not strictly focusing on heart rate, I am paying close attention and allowing it to govern how fast/far I go.  As for anyone who has been off training for any discipline (for any reason), it is hard to get back into the "groove."  But when you do, it feels great! My mental attitude the past two days has been amazing, regardless of what has been going on.  Even looking at personal issues such as my weight, etc, is not a big deal anymore, because I know there is a process that is going to lead me to something better (great things, hopefully).  I will go so far as to borrow a word from Joseph's Blog, resolve.  I think by having some sort of resolve in one's life creates the opportunity to bring everything else into balance.  In just a few short days, I am seeing things in a new, refreshed manner, and a clarity that has not been there for quite some time.

I spent some time getting my training notes and my training log back in order this weekend.  I am using a Microsoft Excel worbook I created for my Ironman in 2009.  It got abandoned after a month or so, but I kept it nonetheless.  I dusted the cobwebs off of the workbook this weekend, added some more information, formulas, and a few tables for end of week/end of month results.  While I am sure it is not as complete as some of the training websites and other, more advanced logs, It works for me now :)  I can always borrow new material to add to my log as I go along.

Well, my totals for the end of the week are not that great, but at least there is something to report! 

Swim:     0 meters
Bike:      0 miles
Run:       5.5 miles

I will get something up on the sidebar of my blog here pretty quick with weekly/monthly/annual totals.  That way you all can hold me accountable ;)  This week I am attempting to get at least a couple of swim and bike workouts in with my runs.  I am also focusing on stretching more (I am usually pretty lax in that department) because I feel I am way too inflexible.  I have some yoga class passes from my birthday last year I need to cash in, I think I am going to schedule those in the next 30 days or so.  I know Yoga is actually an art and a discipline in its own right, but for my purposes, I am going to log it under stretching, since that it what I am going for, to improve my overall flexibility.  Another area that has seriously fallen by the wayside is strength training.  I can contribute one of the most fit times in my life to strength training (the other is to my 2007 triathlon season).

For now though, I have signed up for the ING Georgia Half Marathon and the Rev 3 Triathlon in Knoxville, TN.  I am also going to be signing up for the Atlanta Track Club, as they have some pretty sweet member benefits and they sponsor some of the road races that I would like to participate in this year.

I hope that everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!  I'll be on blogging sometime this week!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm racing Rev3 too..it looks like it's gonna be a great race! Hey, I'm friending you on FB, so if you see a request from Sarah, that's me!