Friday, July 28, 2006

Hmmm, let me check....OWWWW! Yeah I'm Broken...

Ok,

So please do not berate me too much, but what I did last night was completely stupid! Last night I rolled up to gym around 8:20p, (took a quick stop at Sports Authority, that is another story) and then went into the gym. And here is my set...



SWIM

50M Sides
100M Warmup
6X100 Speed Drills
1 @ 1:45
2 @ 1:40
3 @ 1:34
4 @ 1:32
5 @ 1:41
6 @ 1:33
50M cooldown
50M legs
50M pulls
200M freestyle moderate

First off, set #'s 3,4, and 6 were awsome. I have never broken 1:35 like that before in drills!! I was sooo excited. Secondly, I broke myself. I pulled my trapezius above my right shoulder blade. It could be a pinched nerve, but I do not think so, since it hurts when I turn my head in every direction, as well as moving in certain positions. So here is the part where you get mad at me. This happened during my speed drills, so I just figured I would finish the rest of my swim, and that would not be that bad. When I woke up this morning, I was sooo sore!



Does anyone have any suggestions for how to heal this up or make it hurt less. I took a pain pill last night, and it put me to sleep, so I did not wake up last night. But when I woke up this morning, I had trouble getting up because my neck and right shoulder were tight, and lots of pain (French Bread). It hurts to even type now because I have my right arm up in that position to type, and it bothers me. Screw it. At least while I recover, I can still participate in the two other disciplines while i let this thing heal.

I am going to Martini's and IMAX tonight with my girlfriend and OUR friends tonight (I designate OUR, because I feel that I have known them long enough to call them my friends as well). So tonight is an off night for training, but with my back/shoulder the way it is, I do not really have a problem taking the time off. This weekend is a combination of running and a brick (hopefully on Sunday). I will hold off swimming for at least the weekend, so I can see what happens with the pain (more French Bread). The brick will be at race distance (and hopefully @ race pace) and we shall see what happens.

I think I am going to compose a few more posts today, so I am going to cut this one short. Please, Please, Please let me know if you have any advice for my muscle problem.

Murtha...

No comments: