Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Weekend Grind!

Hi Everyone,

Well, I hope that all of you see some of the newer features to my site for your reading pleasure, as well as actual links to the races I have done, and that I am planning to do.

Friday night I was out with some of my friends, and then I had to work on Saturday morning. For some reason I only got 3 and 1/2 hours of sleep, and I was still able to function just fine. that does not happen too often, but I like it when it does. Here was my workout on


Saturday...


SWIM
50 meter sides (25 yds left side, 25 yds right side)
300 meter freestyle warmup
800 meter freestyle main set, 9:15 total (a bit slow, but I took a few weeks off)
50 x 5 speed splits, average 45-50 second splits
100 meter cool down

BIKE
none

RUN
none


Sunday...


SWIM
none

BIKE
12.5 mile ride at Moderate pace (Silver Comet Trail - really flat!!!) 49min, 15 seconds
12.5 mile ride return ride, no time

RUN
none

I also have laid off of the bike for a bit, since the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th of July. This hiatus come from those previous two posts that dealt with my motivation issues, but I believe that I am back on track now. I missed a run this weekend, but that is due to the plantar fasciitis is still with me. I am about to go ice it for about a half hour and play some Rallysport 2 on my XBOX.

I have added some of the other bloggers sites to my blog with links, the ones that I have been reading more often lately.

Let's get this foot healed, and I am going to get a key week in with my swim and bike. Later,

Murtha...

No comments: