Thursday, July 13, 2006

I got a (mental) kick in the pants last night...

Hi Everyone,


So I get home from work yesterday afternoon around 5:00pm. We close the bank @ 4:00pm, but I normally do not leave until close to five, so it was early for me yesterday. I did some laundry, checked my email, and then decided to take a nap around 6:15pm. I was supposed to go workout with Jackie at around 7:30pm. At 7:10, I get a call that wakes me up from a deep sleep. I answer the phone, and it is her, checking to see if I am on my way to the gym. Let me tell you, my head was all messed up! I did not know what day it was (I actually thought it wsa Thursday morning at 7:10am), I barely knew where I was at. So after I hung up, I got up, and began to get ready. I will take an excerpt from a movie to explain my situation at that time yesterday afternoon.

"How do you feel?" - Blade
"Like Hammered S*&t." - Whistler, Blade 2

My room in the apartment is on the afternoon side of the building, and the sun shines right on my bedroom window until around 8:20 in the evening (in the summer). So let's recap. I am tired, discombobulated, hot, sweaty, gunk in my eyes, etc... I should have NOT GONE TO SLEEP!!! I was such a dumbass! So I get to the gym, with my pre-existing condition, plantar fasciitis, and I did not feel like doing anything.

Jackie had been there for about 35 minutes already doing cardio, and so I told her to finish up and I would stretch out so we could work out (bi's and tri's). We get through three exercises, and between her working out for an hour and me being a slack ass, we quit for the evening, and went to eat dinner.

I have never gotten a verbal reaming about my training or workouts from anyone in my life except my best friend Matt when we were younger and I lived at home with my parents (we would go to the gym together all the time). Jackie basically took it upon herself to lay into me and call me things such as, "pansy, lazy, unmotivated, loser, etc..." And what made it worse was that she was calling me out. This is a person who I am training both as a personal trainer and a coach so that she can do her first traithlon next year. And she is calling ME out!

We talked about it a bit before she went home from dinner, and I agreed that i had been acting very unmotivated lately. I think it is due to some personal and financial issues that have arisen in the recent weeks, and that has put a drain on the rest of my life. Add to that the resurgence of my plantar fasciitis, and you have a person that really does not want to do much of anything.

.....And then we come to this morning. I got up at 6:45 WITHOUT hitting the snooze button even once. I hopped into the shower, and got ready for work. I did not feel tired, and I had a sort of confidence in me that I had not felt in some time. Work has been going well today! Hopefully last night was the turnaround. I will keep you posted to see how the rest of my day, with the workout, goes.

Murtha...

No comments: